Part-Time-Night Auditor - Hampton Inn Commerce Township - Commerce Twp, MI
The Hampton Inn by Hilton Commerce/Novi is looking to add to their all-star team! Our team strives on being able to provide our guests with the most upscale customer service and comfortable accommodations they come to expect!
Night Auditor's must promote a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, and friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
Job Purpose: To ensure all revenue is posted to the correct departments and to balance all revenue departments on a daily basis, and complete all necessary reports.
- Is able to function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Prepare of End of day procedure.
- Follow the End of Day / Night Audit Checklist (Must Read!).
- Must have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Balance the day's charges, making corrections as necessary.
- Performs wake-up calls.
- Run end of day process in property management software (PMS).
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Knows how to operate PMS, typewriters, and other front office equipment's.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed
- Perform nightly balancing of in-room video and long-distance telephone services
- Understand and knows how to perform check-in and check-out procedures.
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges voucher and credit card vouchers.
- Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated in to PMS system.
- Understand and use math concepts in order to design a financial or economic system.
- Work math problems quickly and accurately.
- Understand and use computers and related equipment.
- Speak and write clearly to report financial information.
**Must be able to work holidays, weekends and evenings
**Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Minimum of 1-year hotel experience, preferably Front Desk
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills. On-Q knowledge a plus
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
|Posted on||01 Jul 2019|
|Location(s)||Hampton Inn Commerce Township - Commerce Twp, MI|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|More details (document)|